HeavyMetal Map Revision History
The following changes were made in V1.01 R2:
- Improved the versatility of LOS (Line-Of-Site) markings by allowing the
user to select separately the thickness of the black and white dots, as well
as the crosshairs. Crosshairs with a white dot behind is also possible.
- Changed so the LOS dots or crosshairs draw over any text in the
hex, making them more visible..
The following changes were made in V1.01 R1:
- Added ability to add a LOS (Line-Of-Site) markings to the centers of all
hexes, to allow more accurate LOS determination. 3 sizes of dots, a black +
white dot (for varying backgrounds) and a crosshair marking are available,
in addition to not including the LOS markings. See the menu Map Options >
Map Properties > Hex Lines to set this option.
- Increased the allowable number of Add-On graphics from 100 to 500.
- Fixed where some main screen portions could overlap Previews, under
The following changes were made in V1.00 R5:
- Corrected a problem with screen sizing and operation on monitor displays
with resolutions over 2048 x 1536 in size.
- German versions of the Readme (Liesmich) and QuickRef (SchnellStart)
documents are now available. Included with the full program, they are also
available for download on the Program Updates
The following changes were made in V1.00 R4:
- Fixed where hex size entered in cm changed size incorrectly.
- Fixed where, when using Custom hex sizes, upon entering Print screen the
next time, the custom size entry fields were
disabled, until setting away from custom and back again.
The following changes were made in V1.00 R3:
- Fixed where logo was not always printed only on lower left map sheet.
The following changes were made in V1.00 R2:
- Now save the windows state (maximized, etc.) and location, and restore
them on startup.
- Now refresh the screen before loading palettes, keeping things neater.
- Added a Map Statistics screen which lists all graphics used on the
current map, as well as the number and percentage of each. Go to File > Map
Statistics to see it.
- Now when making multi-map images the default is not to have the map
title for all map sheets, but you can elect to include them by checking the
- Now when making multi-map images, the CBT logo and HMMap copyright
information only appears once, at the bottom left corner, instead of on all
The following changes were made in V1.00 R1:
- Added panning of map previews, by clicking and dragging with the left
mouse button. This can be used to more quickly scroll around the previews.
- Fixed where the Terrain over Elevation Level graphics option was
reversed on the Previews and printouts. The design map was shown correctly.
Now all are.
- Program version and serial number were not always centered on the Help
- Fine-tuned the location of the Preview screen (a pixel or two of other
controls were visible sticking out from under it).
- Fixed the Setup program to work on Windows XP x64. Please note that this
is a function of the Setup program, not the executable, so if you need to
install on XP x64 and your version will not let you, please contact us for a
- A couple other small things I wrote down, but can't find now. ;-).
Initial production release V1.00 R0
Web site and
contents Copyright © RCW Enterprises. All rights reserved.
All HeavyMetal programs are developed by Rick Raisley of RCW Enterprises,
and Copyrighted © by RCW Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BattleTech, BattleMech, 'Mech, AeroTech, MechWarrior and
BattleForce are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of The
Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Used under license.
Site designed and maintained by RCW Enterprises. Report any
problems or suggestions to the